Life being life, things don’t always work out the way you expect.
Perhaps a day out was cancelled due to rain.
Or maybe the local café ran out of the coffee you like.
Pretty harmless, right?
But when it comes to your business, things get a little more serious.
You see, plans are easily derailed if decisions are made based on expectations for growth that aren’t met.
That’s why reputable partners work closely with you to set realistic expectations, metrics and timeframes for the results you’re aiming for.
Sadly, not all share this honesty.
In fact, some agencies will do anything they can to set your expectations sky-high if it means you’ll sign on the dotted line.
But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
Or is it, ‘They can talk the talk, but can they walk the walk’?
Whichever metaphor you decide on, the point remains: less than reputable agencies set you up for failure and leave you frustrated that you invested in SEO in the first place.
The reality is, attracting people who search for you through SEO is a powerful method of generating qualified and predictable leads.
However, the time required for top results varies from one industry to the next which means results will vary depending on the quality of the SEO being implemented.
The saying ‘Slow and steady wins the race‘ remains true with Search Engine Optimisation, too.
So don’t fall for the ‘We will get your website to the #1 spot!‘ promises or guarantees.
These are the kinds of signs that should be a cause for concern.
A good SEO campaign will take time to drive results.
A bad SEO campaign may see Google penalise you and leave your business struggling for the inbound leads it relies on.
So how did this happen?
- You were given a smooth pitch, but so far it’s been all talk and no results with little return on investment.
- Your own expectations might also be partly to blame because:
- You didn’t understand the process well enough.
- You weren’t realistic about activities and budget.
- You thought SEO was something you could do once and forget about.
What should I look for?
- SEO is not a one-off project, but rather a consistent effort for the attention of your prospects and keyword positions everybody wants.
- You need to understand the process and strategies to appreciate the investment required.
- You should ask – and be asked – good questions to ensure the consultant understands your business, its products, and your customers.
- A track-record of sustainable results is a must, so make sure you check out their reputation.
What questions should I ask?
- What results have you achieved?
- How long did it take to generate these leads / sales / results?
- What activities do you undergo?
- How long does SEO take? Be wary of promised results or guarantees.
What makes Found different?
- We’re with you for the long haul
At Found we work with our clients for a long time, and that’s for a few reasons:
- Our clients see the value of continually investing in us to drive quality lead generation.
- We are not here to game the search engines as this is risky for our clients and our business’ reputation.
- We’re focused on enabling meaningful business growth, not glorified reports.
Avoid the pitfalls.. Download the guide
- Complete list of common reasons for regret.
- Explanations and details of why they are issues.
- How to detect a bad deal and the red flags.
- Questions to ask before hiring your agency.