Today I want to share something every business needs to know:
Effective SEO is a marathon, not a sprint.
That’s not to say it doesn’t also require quick thinking and decision making.
Far from it, in fact!
You see, Google is constantly tweaking, adjusting, and updating the algorithms they use to rank your site.
If an agency doesn’t stay up-to-date, your business could suffer.
Let me explain:
Say you’ve called a Taxi get you from Point A to Point B.
Only…the driver’s just pulled up in a beat up ol’ 79 Corolla.
The seats are creaky.
The windscreen is cracked.
And the wheels?
Why, they’re threatening to fall off at any moment.
Once you’re on the highway, you find this rust bucket isn’t just holding up traffic, it’s also drawing the attention of the cops.
All of this while your competitors drive by.
So, what is the lesson here?
Never risk your personal safety in a beat up ‘ol car.
Oh, and don’t entrust the growth of your business to an agency using trickery and worn out tactics.
Google can, and will, catch up with you.
At best? You’ll see some results, but chances are they won’t last.
At worst? Your site could face severe penalties that can be a nightmare to recover from.
You can take our word for it, but you can read more about SEO penalties here to educate yourself.
After all, Google does make it clear that any activity designed to manipulate search results is against their Terms of Service.
Why is this an issue?
- Times change, and so does SEO. What used to work isn’t as effective anymore, so positive results using old tactics will be hard to come by.
- The days of ‘tricking’ Google are over. Quick, easy tactics are identified that much quicker, so it isn’t worth the risk.
- SEO agencies that use black-hat techniques do more harm than good, often seeing your site penalised by Google. Does that sound like a smart investment?
Avoid the pitfalls.. Download the guide
- Complete list of common reasons for regret.
- Explanations and details of why they are issues.
- How to detect a bad deal and the red flags.
- Questions to ask before hiring your agency.
What should I look for?
- SEO is a constantly moving target, so find a partner that’s always updating and expanding their knowledge.
- Sustainable SEO takes work, which is why quality providers place an emphasis on developing content, analysing data, and establishing links from relevant but more importantly quality sources, even if this takes more time.
- Cheap agencies invest in ‘tactics’ and ‘tricks’, rather than building a better online resource for your ideal audience.
- Google is constantly tweaking how their search engine works, so invest in evergreen search strategies and avoid the temptation of quick and dirty tactics.
- The best of the best want to get to know your customers to develop content that they want to read.
What questions should I ask?
- How are you keeping yourself and your staff ahead of the game?
- Can you show me some recent results & how they were achieved?
What makes Found different?
- We’re never content to rest on our laurels, which is why we invest in upskilling our team and keeping up-to-date on the latest techniques from some of the world’s leading Search Marketing experts.
- We’ve never had any of our clients penalised by Google, through work we’ve done.
- We take an evergreen approach to SEO, working with clients who are prepared to invest in a sustainable method of achieving results.