- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What Is It?
Yep, you guessed it!
Website breadcrumbs work just like they do in the age-old fairytale of Hansel and Gretel.
That is, they give users a visual representation of where they came from and where they are now.
This trail is shown as a set of links at the top of the page, boosting your site’s internal links and it’s usability, too.
mprove Your Search Engine Rankings By Adding Breadcrumbs
Add Breadcrumbs To Your Website
Check out some of these WordPress plugins that will add breadcrumbs to your website: