- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What Is It?
Pinch me if you’ve heard this phrase before:
‘Content is king!’
The thing is, it’s true!
Content is one of the best ways to market your business, products and services directly to your target audience.
The easiest way to do this is by writing content for your website’s blog.
But how does this increase your search rankings, exactly?
Oh, let me tell you the ways:
- You can market your website and business with content relevant to your industry.
- You can position yourself and your business as a leading authority within your industry.
- You can build quality backlinks to your killer content that increase your rankings within search.
How To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings With Content
Avoid Duplicate Content
Google hates duplicate content (that’s content that appears on your site as well as elsewhere on the web). In fact, Google penalises sites that feature too much of it. The solution? It’s simple: don’t post copied content.
Remove Thin Content
Do you know what Google does love? Lengthy content! If your pages – and rankings – are looking a little thin, start writing.
Create Epic Content
Epic content positions your business as the go-to expert in your industry or niche. In fact, this very page itself could be considered an epic piece of content.
Content like this is a one-stop-shop resource on everything a user would want to know on a given subject, providing your business with even greater link building opportunities!
Start A Blog
Epic content is great, but it can take time to write.
That’s why you should mix things up by blogging about relevant topics and keywords. Link these back to important pages when you’re done, and you’ll ensure your results are long-lasting.
Content Optimisation Checklist
- Is there any duplicate content found on external sites or pages?
- Does your site include a blog?
- Do important pages feature 250-500+ words of content?
- Does your site feature any cornerstone content or pillar pages related to Primary Keywords?
- Are there any opportunities to turn existing downloadable content into on-site content or pages?
- Are there any pages that target the same or similar keywords that would benefit from being consolidated into a single page?