- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
One of the best places to learn about SEO is so obvious it hurts…
Google’s very own search result pages!
- Search for a phrase that relates to your industry or niche, such as, let’s say ‘Search Engine Optimisation’.
- Pick out the top result, and let’s take a closer look:
A Google result
What are these Search Result elements?
- This is the page’s web address, and is displayed in green.
- The Title Tag is blue, between 50-60 characters in length, and sits at the top of each listing.
- The META Description is displayed in grey, and is usually between 150-160 characters long.