- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What Is It?
HTML Sitemaps provide users with a quick and easy method of navigating your site.
But the benefits don’t end there!
Search engines see them as a sign of usability, which is an increasingly important metric for your site’s online visibility.
Improve Your Search Engine Rankings With An HTML Sitemap
Add An HTML Sitemap To Your Site
Head back to XML Sitemaps, and generate an HTML Sitemap. From here, add this as a new page on your site, and then link through to it from your 404 Error Page.
HTML Sitemap Checklist
- Is there an HTML Sitemap present?
- Does this HTML Sitemap link to all pages on the site?