- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What are inbound links?
Inbound links are links on sites across the internet that point to your website.
When it comes to your ranking in searches, these inbound links make all the difference.
In fact, Inbound Links are what the internet is built on.
These links are a great source of traffic, and tell Google that your site deserves to rank higher.
“If people are linking to it,” says Google, “then it must be worth looking at!“.
How To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings By Building External Links
Establishing inbound links is an ongoing task for any website owner. But by following these steps you too can start to build relevant, quality links to your site.
List Your Site With Business Directories
Business directories are free, easy to list with, and provide a great way to boost your local rankings.
Write For Blogs & Sites Within Your Industry
Writing for other sites within your industry is a great way to promote your business online.
You’ll build your personal brand, increase your standing as a thought leader, and land a link back to your website!
Create a Free Google My Business Account
A Google My Business account is crucial for Local SEO, giving you the boost within local search results that your business needs to succeed.
- Kick-start local link building with our list of 65 business directories for New Zealand businesses.
Inbound Links Checklist
- Do you have a Google My Business account?
- Have you listed with relevant Business Directories?
- Are you starting to write for relevant sites within your industry?