- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What Is It?
More than a desktop or laptop, where do you do most of your web browsing?
If you said ‘My mobile!’ then you’re not alone!
In fact, an average of 40% of web visitors are using mobile devices. With up to 30% using tablets!
As a result, Google penalises sites that aren’t responsive or mobile friendly.
So if you don’t have a mobile-friendly version of your site, now’s the time to get one!
Because without it?
Every other step may prove ineffective.
You can quickly and easily check the responsiveness of your website with the Google Webmaster Tools.
- Open Google Webmaster Tools
- Enter your website’s address into the text box.
- Click ‘Analyse’.
How To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings With A Responsive Website
Talk To Your Developer Or Tech Specialist
Get in touch with your developer or tech guru and ask them about making your website mobile friendly.
Use One Of These WordPress Plugins
If your website runs on WordPress? There are a number of free & paid plugins available that will do this for you!
Use A Responsive WordPress Theme
Use a WordPress theme that includes a responsive version designed specifically for mobile devices.
Mobile Site Checklist
- Is the website responsive for all devices?
- Does the website load & display correctly on mobile devices?
- You’ve checked your website in Google’s Mobile Friendly Test (https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly)?