- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What Is It?
Google’s search algorithms are constantly updated to return the most relevant results in the shortest time possible.
This is just one reason why page speed is increasingly important.
If your page is slowed down by cumbersome plugins or large images? Your rankings will suffer.
How To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings By Optimising Your Page Speed
Analyse Your Page Speed
Load Google’s PageSpeed Tool and select ‘Run Insights’ to run Google’s PageSpeed test on your site. This will provide you with an easy-to-read report of your results.
Whether you created your website yourself, or had a professional do this for you, there are usually unnecessary added extras left around long after the web gurus have packed their tools away.
Optimise Image File Sizes
Large, high-quality images increase loading times, but you don’t have to sacrifice quality for speed.
Internal Links Checklist
- Are there internal links present on your site?
- Do blog posts contain internal links to other posts & content on your site?
- Do Product, Service or other pages link to other relevant pages on your site?