- How will this guide will help you?
- What is search engine optimisation?
- Why is search engine optimisation important?
Optimising your site
- Optimising the Title Tag
- Optimising the Meta Description
- Creating Optimised Content
- Adding Internal Links
- Building Inbound Links
- Optimising Heading Tags
- Using Clean URLs
- Optimising Image & File Names
- Optimising HTML
- Improving Page Speeds
- Optimising Image ALT Tags
- Adding an XML Sitemap
- Adding an HTML Sitemap
- Customising a 404 Error Page
- Adding Breadcrumbs
- Responsive, Mobile Friendly Design
- Optimising Your Domain Name
What Is It?
XML Sitemaps are used exclusively by search engines to speed up the process of indexing pages.
Think of them as an easy-to-follow map of your website!
With it, search engines can index your site quicker and easier.
Add An XML Sitemap To Your Site
Head to XML Sitemaps to generate an XML sitemap for your site.
Once you have this? Submit it to:
XML Sitemap Checklist
- Is there a Sitemap.xml file present?
- Have you submitted this Sitemap.xml file to Google and Bing?